Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) is designed to integrate multiple unconnected security applications and devices and control them through one comprehensive user interface. PSIM collects and correlates events from existing disparate security devices and information systems (video, access control, sensors, analytics, networks, building systems, etc.) to empower personnel to identify and proactively resolve situations.
PSIM integration enables numerous organizational benefits, including increased control, improved situation awareness and management reporting. Ultimately, these solutions allow organizations to reduce costs through improved efficiency and to improve security through increased intelligence.
A complete PSIM software system has six key capabilities:
- Collection: Device management independent software collects data from any number of disparate security devices or systems.
- Analysis: The system analyzes and correlates the data, events, and alarms, to identify the real situations and their priority.
- Verification: PSIM software presents the relevant situation information in a quick and easily-digestible format for an operator to verify the situation.
- Resolution: The system provides Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), step-by-step instructions based on best practices and an organization’s policies, and tools to resolve the situation.
- Reporting: The PSIM software tracks all the information and steps for compliance reporting, training and potentially, in-depth investigative analysis.
- Audit trail: The PSIM also monitors how each operator interacts with the system, tracks any manual changes to security systems and calculates reaction times for each event.